Of Riddle, Oregon, passed away on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at the age of 84. Faye grew up in the San Francisco Bay area, graduated from U.C. Berkley, and went on to work for Crocker Bank in S.F. She and her husband, Peter, celebrated over 57 years together. Faye and Peter owned and operated a bakery, first in California, and then in Canyonville for 23 years. She is survived by her husband, Peter; three daughters and son-in-laws Bonne and Mike Swett; Karen and Mitch Wagoner; Gail and Randy Spears; and six grandchildren Tara (Swett) and Leo Denton; Brett and Kimberli Swett; Marshall Wagoner; Stuart Wagoner; Ryan Elder; Riley Spears; and a brother-in-law Iver and Lesley Hansen. In her retirement, Faye enjoyed nothing more than watching OSU or UofO football and basketball games. Faye was a true friend, maintaining friendships as far back as kindergarten, and until recently enjoyed yearly trips to visit with friends from her high school graduating class. Most important to Faye was the time she spent with people during her life, so at her request there will not be a funeral service. The family wishes to thank the caring staff of Mercy hospice and Rose Haven.
- Myrtle Creek man accused of sexual abuse of a 3-month-old girl is sentenced to 60 months in jail
- Subway sandwiches save students from chronic absenteeism
- Family, classmates grapple with loss of Roseburg teens
- Native American mascot ruling is a 'complete and utter surprise' for Roseburg School District
- Two Roseburg teens mourned after drowning accident in South Umpqua