Age 89, of Roseburg, Oregon, passed away on Tuesday, March 5, 2013. She was born May 3, 1923 in Bandon, Oregon, to Thomas and Leona (Jones) Buckle. She married Marion E Fortune and he passed away in 1987. Betty was a homemaker and enjoyed spending her time playing bingo, cards and gardening. Betty is survived by her daughter, Leona Fay Norton; sons: Glen Fortune and his wife Francis, Wayne Fortune; brother Harvey Buckle and his wife Ruth; eight grandchildren; two great-grandchildren, numerous nieces, nephews and cousins. She was preceded in death by three sisters; and six brothers. A graveside service will be held on Tuesday, March 12, 2013, at 1 p.m. at Roseburg Memorial Gardens. Please visit Betty’s website at www.wilsonschapeloftherosesfh.com to sign the online guestbook. Wilson’s Chapel of the Roses is assisting the family.
Betty May (Buckle) Fortune
- Roseburg woman nearly hits 1-year-old with hammer
- Missing Myrtle Creek man found dead by Coos County Sheriff's Office
- Ten juveniles cited at weekend house party in Roseburg
- Police log: Woman's Eugene-based 'shrink' attempting to steal her home
- "We're going to have to get this guy" — How a Roseburg man helped subdue a suspected terrorist