Born on January 24, 1924 in Hamlin County, Texas, went to be with the Lord on Sunday, March 10, 2013, in Yoncalla, Oregon. He is survived by his wife, Violet (Nolen) Scevers whom he married on July 22, 1946 in Athens, Texas; children: Thermon Scevers, Jr of Christmas Valley, OR; Tom and Kathy Scevers of Moses Lake, WA; Earlene and Jon Wallace of Charlotte, NC; Sharon and Jim Walston of Yoncalla; Lester and Marsha Scevers of Ferndale, WA; Darrell Scevers of Yoncalla; Kasandra and David Henry of Boise, ID; He is also survived by a sister Patsy Lillard; and two brothers: Ed and Charlie Scevers; 34 grandchildren; 24 great-grandchildren; as well as numerous nieces; nephews and cousins. Thermon served in the U.S. Navy on the USS Oak Hill during World War II, he also pioneered and pastored many churches in Oregon and Washington for 56 years with the Assemblies of God. He was a well beloved pastor. He will always be remembered as the best dad, grandpa, and great-grandpa. You will be missed but we know that you are with Jesus and walking the streets of gold with all your loved ones. Funeral services will be held on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 11 a.m. at the Yoncalla Assembly of God Church located at 1008 Hayhurst Rd. in Yoncalla, OR, interment will follow at Cedar Hill Cemetery in Oakland, OR. Arrangements are under the direction of Taylor’s Family Chapel.
Reverend Thermon Aron Scevers, Sr.
- Police log: Men with ski masks and shotguns involved in robbery
- Police log: Caller checks whether her 18-year-old son could date a 16-year-old
- Q&A with John Hanlin: 'I can't deny the fact that it was pretty overwhelming'
- Roseburg City Council tables med-ed building proposal once again
- Remembering John Forrester: A husband, a friend and a champion