Age 94, passed away on Saturday, March 9, 2013. Jane was born on January 4, 1919 in Hurly, VA, to Burk and Betty Johnson. She married her husband Waldo Smith on December 29, 1944. Jane and Waldo moved to Roseburg in 1950. Jane taught school for 38 years. The majority of that time was spent teaching 3rd grade at Riverside School, she retired in 1978. She is survived by her brothers: Burk Johnson, Joe Ed Johnson, Randy Johnson; sisters: Mary Westcott, Lois Cooper-Kennedy,Betty Kiser, Emma McCoy; local nieces and nephews: Lynn Schott, Rhonda Johnson, Sharon Justus, Tim Justus, Liz Gombart, Alan Johnson; and 21 other nieces and nephews. A funeral service will be held at Roseburg Memorial Gardens Wednesday March 13, 2013 at 11a.m.
Jane C. Smith
- Myrtle Creek man accused of sexual abuse of a 3-month-old girl is sentenced to 60 months in jail
- Family, classmates grapple with loss of Roseburg teens
- Subway sandwiches save students from chronic absenteeism
- Two Roseburg teens mourned after drowning accident in South Umpqua
- Police log: Caller reports being target of can thrown from vehicle