Age 85, of Roseburg, Oregon, passed away Monday, March 11, 2013. Gerry was born in Van Tassel, WY. He is survived by his wife, of 65 years Vonnie; son, Larry and wife Tomaline of Huntsville, AL; son, Tom and wife Sandra of Roseburg; sister, Bobbie Hennebeck of Roseburg; sister-in-law, Marge Hennebeck of Medford; five grandchildren; and seven great- grandchildren. Gerry was a veteran of the U.S. Navy and taught in Roseburg schools for 31 years including teaching at Fremont and Benson and Principal at Rose and Eastwood. He was the voice of Doc Stewart’s Baseball for many years and refereed, announced, and scored Roseburg High football, basketball, and baseball and coached golf as well as coaching Fremont sports. He was a member of the Roseburg Elks since 1951 and attended St. Joseph’s Catholic Church. He was an avid golfer, with many club championships, and a bowler. A funeral mass will be held Friday, March 15 at 1210p.m. at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church. In lieu of flowers, donations are requested to Doc Stewart’s American Legion Baseball, PO Box 1294, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Gerald (Gerry) Edward Hennebeck
- Roseburg City Council gives City Manager Lance Colley a raise
- Fremont middle school teacher Jim Walker is classroom life coach, Crystal Apple winner
- Editorial: O&C bill still needs work to offer certainty
- Speech pathologist helps early learners find their voice
- Trial reset a second time for Riddle woman accused in deadly crash