Of Oakland, Oregon, passed away on Saturday, March 30, 2013. John was born in Windover, Nevada on November 22, 1948. He attended and graduated from school in Oakland. He then continued his education at welding school; which became his life long trade. He also owned and operated two welding businesses in the community. John was proceeded in death by his parents John and Ruby Grimes; three brothers: Fred, Kenneth, Virgil Fleming. He is survived by two daughters: Becky; Tacy. His brothers and sisters: Leslie Fleming; Mickey Grimes both of Oakland; Cecialia Dewbre of Dixonville; Happy Archey of Springfield; Tom Grimes of Eugene; Trink Quackenbush of Gaport, New York; many nieces and nephews; and his very special friend Linda McKenzie of Winchester, who helped him through his battle with cancer. Celebration of Life will be held at Highway Haven R.V. Park in the Club House 609 Sutherlin-Umpqua Road Sutherlin, OR 97479 west of Sutherlin on Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 1 p.m.
John Kanson Grimes
Trending in: SingleObituaries
- John A. Links
- Myrna Irene Danchok
- William (Bill) M. Steinbrook
- Allen Wayne Harting (WH)
- Georgia Frances (Smith) Mead
- Publisher’s Notebook: How much money will Oregon bleed before Cover Oregon is fixed?
- Editorial: Downtown traffic analysis needed before lanes are removed
- Becoming a victorious parent | Moms
- Prep Boys Basketball: Irrigon whips Oakland for 2A state title
- Umpqua Community Center opens center to draw and retain veterans