Died on Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at the Roseburg Veterans Administration Hospice. Floyd was born on July 26, 1916, in Springport, Michigan. He served as an army medic in the Pacific Theater of World War 11 and was honorably discharged in 1946. Floyd is survived by his older sister, Lucille Johnson, of Sacramento; and his step-daughter, Liz Wilson, of San Francisco. He is also missed by his beloved care-giver, Anita Lokan, and his ‘adopted family’: Butch and Marilyn Aller of Roseburg and Ursula, Matt, and Mia Berliner of Beaverton. We extend a heartfelt Thank You to the entire staff and volunteers at the VA Hospice. Your professional care and loving devotion to Floyd during the past eight months will always be appreciated. There will be a memorial service with military honors at the VA National Cemetery.
Floyd Charles Mercer
- Police log: Man throws hot chicken at neighbor, threatens people with big fork
- Police log: Man burning grass with blowtorch
- Rain expected to last through weekend in Roseburg area
- Healing Waters: Veterans learn that fly fishing may be the best therapy
- Alek Skarlatos awarded highest U.S. Army medal for subduing gunman on train to Paris