Died on Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at the Roseburg Veterans Administration Hospice. Floyd was born on July 26, 1916, in Springport, Michigan. He served as an army medic in the Pacific Theater of World War 11 and was honorably discharged in 1946. Floyd is survived by his older sister, Lucille Johnson, of Sacramento; and his step-daughter, Liz Wilson, of San Francisco. He is also missed by his beloved care-giver, Anita Lokan, and his ‘adopted family’: Butch and Marilyn Aller of Roseburg and Ursula, Matt, and Mia Berliner of Beaverton. We extend a heartfelt Thank You to the entire staff and volunteers at the VA Hospice. Your professional care and loving devotion to Floyd during the past eight months will always be appreciated. There will be a memorial service with military honors at the VA National Cemetery.
Floyd Charles Mercer
Trending in: SingleObituaries
- Roseburg moves to postpone medical marijuana dispensaries
- Loggers put on notice: You will be sued for buying piece of Elliott State Forest
- Umpqua Community College expects pool to reopen for May swim lessons
- Douglas County’s Absentminded Geniuses focus on building dutiful robot
- Mother’s attorneys detail case in wrongful death suit