Died on Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at the Roseburg Veterans Administration Hospice. Floyd was born on July 26, 1916, in Springport, Michigan. He served as an army medic in the Pacific Theater of World War 11 and was honorably discharged in 1946. Floyd is survived by his older sister, Lucille Johnson, of Sacramento; and his step-daughter, Liz Wilson, of San Francisco. He is also missed by his beloved care-giver, Anita Lokan, and his ‘adopted family’: Butch and Marilyn Aller of Roseburg and Ursula, Matt, and Mia Berliner of Beaverton. We extend a heartfelt Thank You to the entire staff and volunteers at the VA Hospice. Your professional care and loving devotion to Floyd during the past eight months will always be appreciated. There will be a memorial service with military honors at the VA National Cemetery.
Floyd Charles Mercer
- Search suspended for two boys missing and presumed drowned
- Two Roseburg teens mourned after drowning accident in South Umpqua
- Duggar sex abuse allegations, a call for culture change | Moms
- Small Business: Innovation, then execution, can lead to business success
- Woman swallows bag of meth to hide it from police