Died on Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at the Roseburg Veterans Administration Hospice. Floyd was born on July 26, 1916, in Springport, Michigan. He served as an army medic in the Pacific Theater of World War 11 and was honorably discharged in 1946. Floyd is survived by his older sister, Lucille Johnson, of Sacramento; and his step-daughter, Liz Wilson, of San Francisco. He is also missed by his beloved care-giver, Anita Lokan, and his ‘adopted family’: Butch and Marilyn Aller of Roseburg and Ursula, Matt, and Mia Berliner of Beaverton. We extend a heartfelt Thank You to the entire staff and volunteers at the VA Hospice. Your professional care and loving devotion to Floyd during the past eight months will always be appreciated. There will be a memorial service with military honors at the VA National Cemetery.
Floyd Charles Mercer
- Police Log: Honey bees encroach on woman’s property in Sutherlin
- Douglas Education Service District’s Leanne Reynolds a leader in human resources
- Former Roseburg timber baron, billionaire and Yellowstone Club founder Tim Blixseth jailed in Montana
- Roseburg teen in serious condition; two other county residents on the mend
- Riddle lumberman Milt Herbert leaves rich legacy