Passed away before his time, on Thursday, April 11, 2013, at the age of 47. Born and raised in Oregon, he is the son of Raymond and Linda Greenwalt, brother of Tina Greenwalt, the father of Ashley Greenwalt and Courtney Abrahamson and her husband Samuel Abrahamson. He is also the loving grandfather to granddaughters: Stella and Lilah and grandson, Owen, due in June. Ray was happiest when he was outside in the woods, fishing on the lakes and rivers and loved to share this passion with his family, often taking them camping and exploring. His open, generous heart will be missed by many. He was a volunteer fire fighter with the Myrtle Creek Fire Department for several years, where he made many friends and his caring for others was deeply appreciated. He had many diverse interests including motorcycles, tattoos, deconstruction, baking, softball, music and spending time with his grandbabies. He had a great sense of humor that could bring a smile to everyone. In addition, he was highly creative and artistic, making art out of “junk” and designing his own unique tattoos. A complicated, endearing, intelligent and caring man - we will miss you, PAPA RAY. A Celebration of Life will be held Saturday, April 20, 2013 at 1 p.m. at the American Legion/VFW Hall in Myrtle Creek, OR.
Raymond Lloyd Greenwalt
- Neighbors: Douglas County Jury Coordinator Kimber Bowden shares spunky attitude
- Police Log: Intoxicated women cause scene at Riddle store
- BPA partners with Cow Creek Umpqua Tribe to support Native American domestic-abuse survivors
- Two Myrtle Creek residents rescued from South Umpqua River
- Parenting lessons from a viral bullying video | Moms