Died on Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at the Roseburg Veterans Administration Hospice. Floyd was born on July 26, 1916, in Springport, Michigan. He served as an army medic in the Pacific Theater of World War 11 and was honorably discharged in 1946. He was preceded in death by his treasured wife, Agnes Novis Mercer. Floyd is survived by his older sister, Lucille Johnson, of Sacramento; and his step-daughter, Liz Wilson, of San Francisco. He is also missed by his beloved care-giver, Anita Lokan, and his ‘adopted family’: Butch and Marilyn Aller of Roseburg and Ursula, Matt, and Mia Berliner of Beaverton. We extend a heartfelt Thank You to the entire staff and volunteers at the VA Hospice. Your professional care and loving devotion to Floyd during the past eight months will always be appreciated. There will be a memorial service with military honors at the VA National Cemetery.
Floyd Charles Mercer
Trending in: SingleObituaries
- Publisher’s Notebook: Does the BLM think cows are more threatening that tree-sitters?
- A story you'll want to read again | Moms
- House Republican candidates differ on teaching of evolution
- Douglas County commissioner race/Crowded field hinders frontrunner’s bid for primary win
- DeFazio views Superfund site, Formosa Mine