Died on Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at the Roseburg Veterans Administration Hospice. Floyd was born on July 26, 1916, in Springport, Michigan. He served as an army medic in the Pacific Theater of World War 11 and was honorably discharged in 1946. He was preceded in death by his treasured wife, Agnes Novis Mercer. Floyd is survived by his older sister, Lucille Johnson, of Sacramento; and his step-daughter, Liz Wilson, of San Francisco. He is also missed by his beloved care-giver, Anita Lokan, and his ‘adopted family’: Butch and Marilyn Aller of Roseburg and Ursula, Matt, and Mia Berliner of Beaverton. We extend a heartfelt Thank You to the entire staff and volunteers at the VA Hospice. Your professional care and loving devotion to Floyd during the past eight months will always be appreciated. There will be a memorial service with military honors at the VA National Cemetery.
Floyd Charles Mercer
Trending in: SingleObituaries
- BREAKING NEWS: Roseburg police identify victim in Fast Stop Market homicide, arrest local man
- UPDATE: High-speed pursuit ends in Roseburg neighborhood
- Wildfire damages Roseburg Forest Products mill in Weed, California
- Police Log: Resident catches woman burglarizing his home in Canyonville
- Roseburg man suspected of sex abuse