Died on Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at the Roseburg Veterans Administration Hospice. Floyd was born on July 26, 1916, in Springport, Michigan. He served as an army medic in the Pacific Theater of World War 11 and was honorably discharged in 1946. He was preceded in death by his treasured wife, Agnes Novis Mercer. Floyd is survived by his older sister, Lucille Johnson, of Sacramento; and his step-daughter, Liz Wilson, of San Francisco. He is also missed by his beloved care-giver, Anita Lokan, and his ‘adopted family’: Butch and Marilyn Aller of Roseburg and Ursula, Matt, and Mia Berliner of Beaverton. We extend a heartfelt Thank You to the entire staff and volunteers at the VA Hospice. Your professional care and loving devotion to Floyd during the past eight months will always be appreciated. There will be a memorial service with military honors at the VA National Cemetery.
Floyd Charles Mercer
Trending in: SingleObituaries
- A different perspective: I put my child up for adoption | Moms
- Officers arrest Roseburg man following standoff
- Torch passes to youngest Douglas County Veterans Forum president yet
- Winston man’s sleuthing ID’s Civil War vet buried in Tenmile Cemetery
- Douglas County commissioner seat attracts fifth candidate