Age 95, of Sutherlin, Oregon, passed away on April 17, 2013, peacefully in her sleep. She was born to John and Lillian Bratton on January 23, 1918 in Townsend, Vermont. At the age of five, her family moved to Sutherlin. She was a resident of Sutherlin, OR for 90 years. During her lifetime, she was a member of the Sutherlin Lady Lions, Beta Eta Sorority and the Garden Club. She helped organize Sutherlin Timber Days. She retired from the Sutherlin Giles Hunt library with 20 years of service as the librarian.
- Myrtle Creek man accused of sexual abuse of a 3-month-old girl is sentenced to 60 months in jail
- Family, classmates grapple with loss of Roseburg teens
- Subway sandwiches save students from chronic absenteeism
- Two Roseburg teens mourned after drowning accident in South Umpqua
- Police log: Caller reports being target of can thrown from vehicle