Age 95, of Sutherlin, Oregon, passed away on April 17, 2013, peacefully in her sleep. She was born to John and Lillian Bratton on January 23, 1918 in Townsend, Vermont. At the age of five, her family moved to Sutherlin. She was a resident of Sutherlin, OR for 90 years. During her lifetime, she was a member of the Sutherlin Lady Lions, Beta Eta Sorority and the Garden Club. She helped organize Sutherlin Timber Days. She retired from the Sutherlin Giles Hunt library with 20 years of service as the librarian.
- Douglas Community Hospital redesign underway; construction slated to begin in January
- Lynyrd Skynyrd, Martina McBride, Kansas will headline the 2015 Douglas County Fair
- 23 years later, interest in Fish murder hasn't grown cold
- Man accused of causing scene at Roseburg restaurant
- Glendale aerial herbicide spray subject of dispute