From Roseburg, follow Interstate 5 south and take the first Grants Pass exit at Exit 58. Take Highway 199 (Sixth Street) through downtown Grants Pass and follow the signs for Williams Highway (Highway 238). Follow Highway 238 for 25 miles and turn right onto Upper Applegate Road. Follow the road for 12 miles and park at a wide spot on the right side. The trail sign has fallen down and is not visible from the road. Cross the road and pick up the trail on the other side of a dilapidated livestock gate.
Richard Hikes: Only the stubborn take on Mule Mountain outside Grants Pass
- Neighbors: Douglas County Jury Coordinator Kimber Bowden shares spunky attitude
- Top 5 plays for Superbowl with kids | Moms
- Police Log: Intoxicated women cause scene at Riddle store
- Two Myrtle Creek residents rescued from South Umpqua River
- Umpqua Community College nearing $5.4 million goal for health building