From Roseburg, follow Interstate 5 south and take the first Grants Pass exit at Exit 58. Take Highway 199 (Sixth Street) through downtown Grants Pass and follow the signs for Williams Highway (Highway 238). Follow Highway 238 for 25 miles and turn right onto Upper Applegate Road. Follow the road for 12 miles and park at a wide spot on the right side. The trail sign has fallen down and is not visible from the road. Cross the road and pick up the trail on the other side of a dilapidated livestock gate.
Richard Hikes: Only the stubborn take on Mule Mountain outside Grants Pass
Trending in: SingleObituaries
- UPDATE: Names released of motorcyclists killed in Highway 138 East crash
- Fort Umpqua Days offers families a fun way to learn about Elkton’s history
- Priority list set for Roseburg urban renewal projects
- Harvesting season for Matsutake mushrooms begins Tuesday
- Publisher’s Notebook: If you have to fight cancer, Roseburg is the place to do it