Was born to Orval Ora Long and Meta Minnit Morin on August 11, 1931, in Yoncalla, Oregon. She and her two sisters, Donna and Illah were raised in Yoncalla and Wanda graduated from high school there in 1947. She married Albert C. Smith. She spent most of her life in Oregon except for short stays in Georgia and Washington. Her family always came first for Wanda. Her interest included gardening, canning, quilting and family genealogy. She also loved camping, fishing and berry picking. Her pies were a special treat for all her family and friends. She always rooted for the underdog and there wasn’t a stray cat she wouldn’t take in. She leave behind sons: Albert C. Jr. (Chuck) and his wife Betsy of Medford; his son Donald and his family Brandy; Taylor and Brandon of Grants Pass; two grandchildren: Jason Smith of Medford and Krissy Smith of Roseburg and her mother Merideth Smith of Roseburg; sister, Donna McElmurry Kammeyer; and many nieces and nephews. She is preceded in death by her husband, Albert C, Smith; sister, Illah; and her grandson, Mathew. Wanda’s life will be celebrated at the next family gathering. Please visit Wanda’s web site to sign the on line guest book and leave a message for the family at www.wilsonschapeloftherosesfh.com. Wilson’s Chapel of the Roses is in charge of arrangements.
Wanda Rae Smith
- Douglas County sees 65 percent increase in littering calls since dump fees implemented
- Man arrested on suspicion of assaulting 9-year-old girl
- Police: Man put woman in 'sleeper hold' and tied her up shortly before woman's death
- Adult Shop robber bought stun gun day before attack
- UPDATE: Alek Skarlatos' mom reacts to son's third place finish, audience support on 'Dancing with the Stars'