Was born to Orval Ora Long and Meta Minnit Morin on August 11, 1931, in Yoncalla, Oregon. She and her two sisters, Donna and Illah were raised in Yoncalla and Wanda graduated from high school there in 1947. She married Albert C. Smith. She spent most of her life in Oregon except for short stays in Georgia and Washington. Her family always came first for Wanda. Her interest included gardening, canning, quilting and family genealogy. She also loved camping, fishing and berry picking. Her pies were a special treat for all her family and friends. She always rooted for the underdog and there wasn’t a stray cat she wouldn’t take in. She leave behind sons: Albert C. Jr. (Chuck) and his wife Betsy of Medford; his son Donald and his family Brandy; Taylor and Brandon of Grants Pass; two grandchildren: Jason Smith of Medford and Krissy Smith of Roseburg and her mother Merideth Smith of Roseburg; sister, Donna McElmurry Kammeyer; and many nieces and nephews. She is preceded in death by her husband, Albert C, Smith; sister, Illah; and her grandson, Mathew. Wanda’s life will be celebrated at the next family gathering. Please visit Wanda’s web site to sign the on line guest book and leave a message for the family at www.wilsonschapeloftherosesfh.com. Wilson’s Chapel of the Roses is in charge of arrangements.
Wanda Rae Smith
- Where to start in igniting change for Douglas County | Moms
- Publisher’s Notebook: On the front lines of Douglas County’s problems
- Family remembers Roseburg man killed in motorcycle crash
- Support group at Roseburg Community Cancer Center helps restore cancer patient’s love of baking
- Roseburg Optimist Club honors ‘officers of the year’