Of Myrtle Creek, Oregon, passed away on Friday, April 19, 2013, at the age of 51. He was born on April 28, 1961 in Eugene, Oregon, to parents Wayne Maynard and Virginia Maynard Kohks. Wayne w as raised in the Eugene area. Wayne lived for 10 years in Reno, Nevada, but returned to Oregon in 1975 with his family, where he attended Churchill High School. Wayne moved to the Myrtle Creek area in 2010 and together with partner Kristine Schneider opened Goodfella’s Family Cafe completing their dream of owning and operating a restaurant. He loved the restaurant and all his customers. Wayne was very passionate about politics. Wayne was preceded in death by his brother, Daniel ‘Danny’ Maynard; and grandparents: W.W. and Johnnye Maynard; Mann and Grace Flint. He is survived by his parents; sisters: Virginia Ruth Maynard and Lois Michelle ‘Miki’ Finken; daughter, Brandi DeCaro; grandchildren: Jacob DeCaro and Cayliana DeCaro; and partner and love of his life Kristine Schneider; as well as numerous nieces; nephews and friends. A celebration of life and potluck will be held on Sunday, April 28, 2013, at 2 p.m. at the V.F.W. Hall located at 252 N. Old Pacific Highway in Myrtle Creek -(Tri-City) Oregon. Arrangements are under the direction of Taylor’s Family Chapel (541) 679-6983.
W. Wayne Maynard
- Police log: Man throws hot chicken at neighbor, threatens people with big fork
- Rain expected to last through weekend in Roseburg area
- Alek Skarlatos awarded highest U.S. Army medal for subduing gunman on train to Paris
- Police log: Signs posted saying man had impregnated two teenage girls
- Landowners vent to commissioners over impending pipeline