Age 59, of Sutherlin, Oregon, went to be with our Heavenly Father on Wednesday, April 17, 2013, after her battle with cancer. Our loving mother, sister, grandmother, great- grandmother and aunt will be greatly missed. She was a hard working woman always giving to others. She loved to read, and spend time with her family, and going to the coast. She is preceded in death by her mother, Beverly Stutzman; and grandmother, Rita Vandapute; and great-grandchild, Devon Whelchel. She is survived by three children: Edwin Stamey and wife Marcia; Gary Stamey and wife Priscilla; MeeShell Davis and husband Mike; five siblings: Duane Alexander and wife Myrtle; Billie Brewster and husband Eddie; Terry Davis and wife Violet; Diana Crump and husband Vern; Walt Stutzman and wife Patricia; and numerous grandchildren; great-grandchildren; nieces; and nephews. Potluck and Celebration of Life will be held at Central Park in Sutherlin on Saturday, May 4, 2013 between 1-4 p.m. In lieu of donations and flowers the family wishes are to donate to Cancer Research in her name.
Deborah Jean Sexton (Debbie)
- Sable Curves a perilous stretch for drivers
- Douglas County commissioners table plan to charge fees to dump trash at landfill
- Retired police officer from Coos Bay sentenced to nearly 10 years in prison
- Roseburg woman cited in payroll theft
- Roseburg Senior Center finds a home at former Chin’s building