Age 87, passed away in Springfield, OR, on Wednesday, April 17, 2013. She was born May 24, 1925, in Roseburg. She moved with her mom and stepfather to Longview, Washington, and lived in Vancover, Washington, during WWII then moved back to Roseburg in 1947. She worked at the battery plant from 1947-1950. Married Vewrlin Cairns in 1949 and they had three sons: Frank (Portland); Gary (Springfield); and Randy (Winston). She is preceded in death by her husband; and her two grandsons: Sean and Christopher. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 27, 2013 at the Roseburg Memorial Gardens. In lieu of flowers please send donations to Special Olympics, P.O Box 541, Roseburg, Oregon 97470. Thank you.
Marjorie Jean Cairns
- Douglas County commissioners table plan to charge fees to dump trash at landfill
- Roseburg teen in serious condition; two other county residents on the mend
- Roseburg woman cited in payroll theft
- Department of Human Services Senior Services office exits Douglas County health building
- Winston man accused of sex abuse asks to withdraw guilty plea