Age 87, passed away in Springfield, OR, on Wednesday, April 17, 2013. She was born May 24, 1925, in Roseburg. She moved with her mom and stepfather to Longview, Washington, and lived in Vancover, Washington, during WWII then moved back to Roseburg in 1947. She worked at the battery plant from 1947-1950. Married Vewrlin Cairns in 1949 and they had three sons: Frank (Portland); Gary (Springfield); and Randy (Winston). She is preceded in death by her husband; and her two grandsons: Sean and Christopher. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 27, 2013 at the Roseburg Memorial Gardens. In lieu of flowers please send donations to Special Olympics, P.O Box 541, Roseburg, Oregon 97470. Thank you.
Marjorie Jean Cairns
- Douglas Community Hospital redesign underway; construction slated to begin in January
- Lynyrd Skynyrd, Martina McBride, Kansas will headline the 2015 Douglas County Fair
- Man accused of causing scene at Roseburg restaurant
- 23 years later, interest in Fish murder hasn't grown cold
- Glendale aerial herbicide spray subject of dispute