Passed away Saturday, April 13, 2013. He was born August 17, 1961 to Richard and Patricia Lanier in Roseburg, Oregon. He graduated from Roseburg High School in 1979. David was a noted chef and worked in Oregon, Colorado, and Michigan.He was baptized at the Roseburg First Presbyterian Church. A talented musician and writer, he found a church home at the Westside Christian Church in Roseburg. David was married from 1985 to 2001 to Susan Yeaple of Redmond, Oregon. Their son Kevin was born in 1990. He returned to Roseburg and married his high school sweetheart, Wendy Stephens in 2002. Their daughter Alexis Michelle was born in 2004. David is survived by his wife, Wendy; daughter, Alexis Michelle of Roseburg; son, Kevin; and grandchildren: Jake and Addisynn of Redmond; mother, Patricia; brother, Rick (Greg) of Portland; James (Mary Jane) of Eugene; three nephews; and a long-time friend Trish Yeaple of Juneau, AK.
David John Lanier
- Douglas Community Hospital redesign underway; construction slated to begin in January
- Lynyrd Skynyrd, Martina McBride, Kansas will headline the 2015 Douglas County Fair
- Man accused of causing scene at Roseburg restaurant
- 23 years later, interest in Fish murder hasn't grown cold
- Glendale aerial herbicide spray subject of dispute