Age 89, of Roseburg, Oregon, passed away on Saturday, April 27, 2013. She was born in Columbus, OH, on September 14, 1923, to Ethel Long and Frank McCartney. Lois graduated from Ohio State College and worked as an OB nurse at Glendora Community Hospital in California, for 16 years before retiring. She was a full time mother, wife and companion. She was a master gardener, fisher women, and master of all arts and crafts. Lois also enjoyed sail boating, bowling, and camping. She is preceded in death by both of her parents. She is survived by her husband of 41 years, Jim B. Rogers; her daughters: Michelle (Jim); Diane (Dave); Grettchen (Don); sons: Mike (Linda); Dale (Karen) and step-children: Valarie (Scott); Phillip (Chrissy); she has 15 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. The family would like to offer a special thanks to Tender Home Care and Amedisys Hospice. A memorial service will be held at Wilsons Chapel of the Roses at 10 a.m. on Thursday, May 2, 2013.
Lois Jean Rogers
- Everyday Entrepreneur: Don't be a bottleneck in your own company
- Small Business: What defines a small business or mid-market or micro-business?
- Healing Waters: Veterans learn that fly fishing may be the best therapy
- Publisher's Notebook: Stopping terrorism in its tracks
- Retirees patient with roller coaster market