Age 89, of Roseburg, Oregon, passed away on Saturday, April 27, 2013. She was born in Columbus, OH, on September 14, 1923, to Ethel Long and Frank McCartney. Lois graduated from Ohio State College and worked as an OB nurse at Glendora Community Hospital in California, for 16 years before retiring. She was a full time mother, wife and companion. She was a master gardener, fisher women, and master of all arts and crafts. Lois also enjoyed sail boating, bowling, and camping. She is preceded in death by both of her parents. She is survived by her husband of 41 years, Jim B. Rogers; her daughters: Michelle (Jim); Diane (Dave); Grettchen (Don); sons: Mike (Linda); Dale (Karen) and step-children: Valarie (Scott); Phillip (Chrissy); she has 15 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. The family would like to offer a special thanks to Tender Home Care and Amedisys Hospice. A memorial service will be held at Wilsons Chapel of the Roses at 10 a.m. on Thursday, May 2, 2013.
Lois Jean Rogers
- Where to start in igniting change for Douglas County | Moms
- Publisher’s Notebook: On the front lines of Douglas County’s problems
- Family remembers Roseburg man killed in motorcycle crash
- Support group at Roseburg Community Cancer Center helps restore cancer patient’s love of baking
- Roseburg Optimist Club honors ‘officers of the year’