Age 89, of Roseburg, Oregon, passed away on Saturday, April 27, 2013. She was born in Columbus, OH, on September 14, 1923, to Ethel Long and Frank McCartney. Lois graduated from Ohio State College and worked as an OB nurse at Glendora Community Hospital in California, for 16 years before retiring. She was a full time mother, wife and companion. She was a master gardener, fisher women, and master of all arts and crafts. Lois also enjoyed sail boating, bowling, and camping. She is preceded in death by both of her parents. She is survived by her husband of 41 years, Jim B. Rogers; her daughters: Michelle (Jim); Diane (Dave); Grettchen (Don); sons: Mike (Linda); Dale (Karen) and step-children: Valarie (Scott); Phillip (Chrissy); she has 15 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. The family would like to offer a special thanks to Tender Home Care and Amedisys Hospice. A memorial service will be held at Wilsons Chapel of the Roses at 10 a.m. on Thursday, May 2, 2013.
Lois Jean Rogers
- UPDATE: Alek Skarlatos' mom reacts to son's third place finish, audience support on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Police looking for two armed robbers
- Police arrest man believed to have killed girlfriend
- Tri City groups protest proposed dispensary, compare Myrtle Creek to mob boss
- UPDATE: Roseburg hero Alek Skarlatos takes third place on 'Dancing with the Stars' Tuesday on ABC