Went to be with her Lord on Sunday, May 5, 2013. She was born on July 29, 1919 to Nora and Robert Moore in Green Valley, Northwest of Oakland, Oregon. Doris grew up during the depression years. They were able to grow all their own food and trade with others. She always spoke fondly of her days on the farm. Doris attended Oakland High School, graduating in 1937. In 1941 she married Rodney Leatherwood. They have three children that still reside in the area, Vicki Leatherwood, Bruce Leatherwood, Alan Leatherwood and his wife Portia. Doris was a stay at home mom who loved to cook, garden and read. She loved her children, five grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren. Doris loved her church family at the Neighborhood Church of Christ where she attended regularly for 55 years. Memorial services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, May 11, 2013 at the church. Bill Parker will officiate. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Doris’ name to the church. Please visit www.sutherlinchapeloftherosesfh.com to leave the family fond memories and condolences. Sutherlin Chapel of the Roses is in charge of arrangements.
DORIS R. LEATHERWOOD
- The one thing you don't want to forget this Thanksgiving | Moms
- Community support pours in for Roseburg woman with brain tumor
- Rivalry fuels Douglas High School food drive in Winston
- Woman flips pickup onto Roseburg Country Club field
- Fremont middle school teacher Jim Walker is classroom life coach, Crystal Apple winner