Howard passed away suddenly on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at his home in Roseburg, Oregon. Howard was born on March 15, 1930 in Littlefield, Texas to parents John and Mary Eddings. Howard is survived by his wife of 25 years LeaVa; sons: Howard Eddings Jr. and Jeff (Retith) Eddings; stepdaughters: Rosella (Larry) Hill, Susan (John) Beard, Marilee Clough and Alyce West. Howard is also survived by many grandchildren, great-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews. Howard was preceded in death by parents, siblings and daughter Candace Prescott. Howard pastored 13 years at Brookside L.M. Baptist Church of San Pablo, CA. He also worked for many years as an auto mechanic before retiring to Roseburg, OR in 1992 where he enjoyed many years of fishing, camping and being an active member of his church. A service will be held on Monday, May 13, 2013 at 2 p.m., at 1st L.M. Baptist Church at 5599 North Umpqua Hwy, with a viewing at Wilson’s Chapel of the Roses, before the service, from 10-11 a.m. Services will be officiated by Pastor Tom Dever.
Howard Eddings Sr.
- Myrtle Creek man accused of sexual abuse of a 3-month-old girl is sentenced to 60 months in jail
- Subway sandwiches save students from chronic absenteeism
- Family, classmates grapple with loss of Roseburg teens
- Native American mascot ruling is a 'complete and utter surprise' for Roseburg School District
- Two Roseburg teens mourned after drowning accident in South Umpqua