Howard passed away suddenly on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at his home in Roseburg, Oregon. Howard was born on March 15, 1930 in Littlefield, Texas to parents John and Mary Eddings. Howard is survived by his wife of 25 years LeaVa; sons: Howard Eddings Jr. and Jeff (Retith) Eddings; stepdaughters: Rosella (Larry) Hill, Susan (John) Beard, Marilee Clough and Alyce West. Howard is also survived by many grandchildren, great-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews. Howard was preceded in death by parents, siblings and daughter Candace Prescott. Howard pastored 13 years at Brookside L.M. Baptist Church of San Pablo, CA. He also worked for many years as an auto mechanic before retiring to Roseburg, OR in 1992 where he enjoyed many years of fishing, camping and being an active member of his church. A service will be held on Monday, May 13, 2013 at 2 p.m., at 1st L.M. Baptist Church at 5599 North Umpqua Hwy, with a viewing at Wilson’s Chapel of the Roses, before the service, from 10-11 a.m. Services will be officiated by Pastor Tom Dever.
- Police identify man found at Duck Pond
- Meet Your Merchant: Drain business fulfills dream for brides
- Close to Home: Four-day series to examine Douglas County’s homeless problem
- Close to Home: School districts do more than teach homeless students
- Update: Many Douglas County school districts to remain closed Tuesday