Age 89, of Roseburg, Oregon, passed away on Saturday, April 27, 2013. She was born in Columbus, OH, on September 14, 1923, to Ethel Long and Frank Mecartney. Lois graduated from Ohio State University and worked as an OB nurse at Glendora Community Hospital in California, for 16 years before retiring. She was a full time mother, wife and companion. She was a master gardener, fisher woman, and master of all arts and crafts. Lois also enjoyed sail boating, bowling, and camping. She is preceded in death by both of her parents. She is survived by her husband of 41 years, Jim B. Rogers; her daughters: Michele (Jim); Diane (Mark); Gretchen (Don); sons: Mike (Linda); Dale (Karen) and step-children: Valarie (Scott); Phillip (Chrissy); she has 15 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. The family would like to offer a special thanks to Tender Home Care and Amedisys Hospice. A memorial service has been held.
Lois Elizabeth Rogers
- Roseburg man flown to Legacy Emanuel with critical injuries after crash
- Douglas County parks director Gary Groth turns love of forest into lifetime career
- Local Easter egg hunts and family events | Moms
- Man crashes attempting wheelie in Albertsons parking lot
- Woman arrested on felony warrant after parking at Costco after hours