Age 89, of Roseburg, Oregon, passed away on Saturday, April 27, 2013. She was born in Columbus, OH, on September 14, 1923, to Ethel Long and Frank Mecartney. Lois graduated from Ohio State University and worked as an OB nurse at Glendora Community Hospital in California, for 16 years before retiring. She was a full time mother, wife and companion. She was a master gardener, fisher woman, and master of all arts and crafts. Lois also enjoyed sail boating, bowling, and camping. She is preceded in death by both of her parents. She is survived by her husband of 41 years, Jim B. Rogers; her daughters: Michele (Jim); Diane (Mark); Gretchen (Don); sons: Mike (Linda); Dale (Karen) and step-children: Valarie (Scott); Phillip (Chrissy); she has 15 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. The family would like to offer a special thanks to Tender Home Care and Amedisys Hospice. A memorial service has been held.
Lois Elizabeth Rogers
Trending in: SingleObituaries
- John A. Links
- Nancy Ford Anderson
- Georgia Frances (Smith) Mead
- William (Bill) M. Steinbrook
- Myrna Irene Danchok
- Myrtle Creek teen leads police on 47-mile car chase
- I-5 rest stop north of Roseburg under new management
- How-to better prioritize your schedule | Moms
- Glide High grad to show film about fly fishing legend Frank Moore
- Publisher’s Notebook: How much money will Oregon bleed before Cover Oregon is fixed?