Passed peacefully away on Sunday, evening, June 2, 2013, in her home in Sutherlin, OR, at the age of 47 due to complications from diabetes. She was born in Roseburg, OR, on August 2, 1965. She attended schools in the Sutherlin area where she lived for most of her life. She received her AA degree from Umpqua Community College and her Bachelors degree at Northwest Christian College. During her life Debi had several occupations, the most recent being the State of Oregon, Department of Justice until illness forced her to leave in December 2009. Debi is survived by her father, William L. Gilbert and wife, Sonja of St. Helens, OR; mother, Lois J. Trento of Sutherlin, OR; son, Justin A. Gilbert of Sutherlin; sister and brother-in-law, Cheryle and Richard Collier Jr. of Sutherlin; aunt, Marlyce Robbins of Sutherlin; and three nephews: Christopher, Nicholas, and Jesse Brown, all of Roseburg, OR. She was preceded in death by her brother, Ronald A. Gilbert, in 1987. Despite her many health problems, Debi kept an upbeat attitude toward life. Her quirky sense of humor was a delight to all around her, especially her son and special friend, Justin. Debi will be truly missed by those whose lives she touched. At her request, a private service will be held at Roseburg Memorial Gardens at a future date.
Deborah (Debi) Lynn Gilbert
- Police Log: Intoxicated women cause scene at Riddle store
- Neighbors: Douglas County Jury Coordinator Kimber Bowden shares spunky attitude
- BPA partners with Cow Creek Umpqua Tribe to support Native American domestic-abuse survivors
- Parenting lessons from a viral bullying video | Moms
- Two Myrtle Creek residents rescued from South Umpqua River