Age 89, passed away peacefully surrounded by her loved ones on Friday, May 31, 2013. She was born on March 16, 1924, one of seven children born to Ellen E. (Ollis) and Charles L. Trosper in Black Joe, Kentucky. She was united in marriage to Denvil Kimble on July 10, 1940 in Bunch, Oklahoma. He preceded her in death in 2011 after 71 years of marriage. She is survived by her seven children: Bob (Judy) Kimble; Carol (Ed) Colter; Roger (Marie) Kimble; Fay (Jack) Hughes; Betty (Jerry) Dennis; Connie (Craig) Chamberlain; and Donna (Mike) Cox; 16 grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren and two great-great-granddaughters; and her sister, Mae White. One granddaughter preceded her in death. Geneva loved crocheting, gardening and reading. She was a great southern cook and there was always room for one more at her table. With her sense of humor and witty sayings she was loved by all. A special thank you to the staff at Umpqua Valley Nursing and Rehabilitation Center who became her extended family. A memorial service will be held at Taylor’s Family Mortuary in Winston, on Sunday, June 16, 2013, at 1 p.m.
Trending in: SingleObituaries
- UPDATE: Names released of motorcyclists killed in Highway 138 East crash
- Priority list set for Roseburg urban renewal projects
- Harvesting season for Matsutake mushrooms begins Tuesday
- Manager transitions to owner of Roseburg deli
- Publisher’s Notebook: If you have to fight cancer, Roseburg is the place to do it