Went to be with Jesus on Thursday, July 4, 2013. She was born March 19, 1930 in Oklahoma City, OK, to Robert Lee Rushing and Dora Vena Linderman. She was the third of five siblings including: Glen, Gilda, Wanda and Coy. She married Andrew Graves Bird in Lubbock, TX, on December 26, 1956. They had five children: Janet Marie Moore, Vickie Lee Smith, Michael Patrick Smith, Teresa Lavena Byrd, Pamela Ann Bird and David Devon Bird. She loved all kinds of flowers and she loved to fish and to catch the biggest one! She worked in several canneries in and around Modesto. She lived in Modesto, CA, Grand Junction, CO, and spent her last years in Chiloquin and Roseburg, OR. She will be greatly missed by all of her children and numerous grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband; young daughter, Pamela Ann; and all her siblings. Family services were held Saturday, July 6, 2013 at 11:30 a.m. at Chapel of the Roses in Roseburg, OR.
Bobbie Jean Bird
- Myrtle Creek man accused of sexual abuse of a 3-month-old girl is sentenced to 60 months in jail
- Family, classmates grapple with loss of Roseburg teens
- Subway sandwiches save students from chronic absenteeism
- Two Roseburg teens mourned after drowning accident in South Umpqua
- Police log: Caller reports being target of can thrown from vehicle