Went to be with Jesus on Thursday, July 4, 2013. She was born March 19, 1930 in Oklahoma City, OK, to Robert Lee Rushing and Dora Vena Linderman. She was the third of five siblings including: Glen, Gilda, Wanda and Coy. She married Andrew Graves Bird in Lubbock, TX, on December 26, 1956. They had five children: Janet Marie Moore, Vickie Lee Smith, Michael Patrick Smith, Teresa Lavena Byrd, Pamela Ann Bird and David Devon Bird. She loved all kinds of flowers and she loved to fish and to catch the biggest one! She worked in several canneries in and around Modesto. She lived in Modesto, CA, Grand Junction, CO, and spent her last years in Chiloquin and Roseburg, OR. She will be greatly missed by all of her children and numerous grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband; young daughter, Pamela Ann; and all her siblings. Family services were held Saturday, July 6, 2013 at 11:30 a.m. at Chapel of the Roses in Roseburg, OR.
Bobbie Jean Bird
- Man arrested on suspicion of assaulting 9-year-old girl
- Adult Shop robber bought stun gun day before attack
- Police: Man put woman in 'sleeper hold' and tied her up shortly before woman's death
- UPDATE: Alek Skarlatos' mom reacts to son's third place finish, audience support on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Two men arrested for robbing Wal-Mart