Age 98 died on Saturday, July 6, 2013. David was born at Shawano, Wisconsin, to Charles J. and Barbara (Kalisek) Tomashek on October 1, 1914. He attended school at Shawano, WI, and St. Laurence College at Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. On December 1, 1939 he married Irene Schuh in Shawano, Wisconsin. She preceded him in death in 2002. He was a “Wisconsin” cheese maker. In 1948 he and his family decided to move to Roseburg, Oregon where he worked for Umpqua Dairy for 30 years. After he retired he and Irene spent winters in Yuma, Arizona and summers at the lake in Shawano, Wisconsin. He was a member of St. Joseph’s Catholic Church and was a 3rd and 4th degree member of the Knights of Columbus. He was a loving husband, father and grandfather. He and his wife, Irene, celebrated 63 years of marriage. He is survived by his son, Tom Tomashek; and daughters: Susan Hobi and Peggy Rodolf and their families. His funeral will be held at St. Joseph’s Church on Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 12:10 p.m. and burial will be in a mausoleum in Roseburg Memorial Gardens.
David Edward Tomashek
- Roseburg High School custodian has history as chef for the famous
- Barn owls nest in giant nutcracker in county park
- Signs of the times: Toby Earley twirls his way into hearts and onto 'Tosh.0'
- Running: Winston's Brad Ferner savors Boston Marathon experience
- Roseburg School District announces superintendent selection, Gerry Washburn