Surrendered his battle with cancer and went home to be with the Lord on Saturday, June 29, 2013. He was born September 23, 1940, in Valley Park, MO. He moved to Riverside, CA, in 1956 and graduated from Ramona High School in 1958. In 1962 he graduated from apprentice cabinet making and in 1970 opened a company, Custom Fixtures, with his father. He then built his own commercial cabinet shop, Lonnie P. Tyler Co., Inc. He retired in 2004 and moved to Glide, Oregon, where he built a log cabin. He loved fishing, camping, and making occasional “donations” to the Indian casinos. He will be greatly missed by his wife, Sharon Tyler; four daughters: Bobbi Coon; Crystal Dennis; Renee Tyler; and Denise Bezansky, all of Riverside, CA; seven grandsons; and nine great-grandchildren; three sisters: Maxine Harrison; Bonnie Mason; and Shirley Yvonne; along with many nieces and nephews. His parents Noble and Ora Tyler and his brother Spencer Tyler preceded him in death. A huge branch of our family tree has fallen.
Lonnie P. Tyler
- Breaking News: Myrtle Creek man dies in car crash on Interstate 5
- South Umpqua student receives national Horatio Alger Scholarship
- Update: Names released in fatal accident reported on Highway 38 near Elkton
- Police Log: Child reported missing in Roseburg
- Special needs mom on local inclusive playground | Moms