Surrendered his battle with cancer and went home to be with the Lord on Saturday, June 29, 2013. He was born September 23, 1940, in Valley Park, MO. He moved to Riverside, CA, in 1956 and graduated from Ramona High School in 1958. In 1962 he graduated from apprentice cabinet making and in 1970 opened a company, Custom Fixtures, with his father. He then built his own commercial cabinet shop, Lonnie P. Tyler Co., Inc. He retired in 2004 and moved to Glide, Oregon, where he built a log cabin. He loved fishing, camping, and making occasional “donations” to the Indian casinos. He will be greatly missed by his wife, Sharon Tyler; four daughters: Bobbi Coon; Crystal Dennis; Renee Tyler; and Denise Bezansky, all of Riverside, CA; seven grandsons; and nine great-grandchildren; three sisters: Maxine Harrison; Bonnie Mason; and Shirley Yvonne; along with many nieces and nephews. His parents Noble and Ora Tyler and his brother Spencer Tyler preceded him in death. A huge branch of our family tree has fallen.
Lonnie P. Tyler
- Police log: Man burning grass with blowtorch
- With marijuana legalization, veterans still looking for clarity
- Green man taken to Mercy Medical Center after peaceful standoff with police
- Healing Waters: Veterans learn that fly fishing may be the best therapy
- Police log: Man throws hot chicken at neighbor, threatens people with big fork