Age 65, went to be with the Lord on Monday, July 29, 2013, after a short illness. She was born on October 8, 1947 at Mercy Hospital in Roseburg, OR. Carol grew up near Roseburg and graduated from Roseburg High School in 1965. She was a member of the Melrose Community Church and helped with helping hands ministry and 20 years with AWANA. She married William ‘Butch’ Barter in September 13, 1969, at the Melrose Church. She loved to fish and was a good shot with pistol and rifle. She was proud of her own Honda MC and loved to go camping from the large Honda MC. Carol worked at Mercy Hospital, Montgomery Ward and 21 years with Dave Block Motors, she was also the cook helper at Fir Point Bible Camp with her mother. She was preceded in death by her parents, Don and Elsie Isakson. She is survived by her husband of 43 years, Butch; two kittens: Houdini and Spice; brother, Don and wife Carol Anne Isakson, of Portland; and their two daughters: Deanne Isakson; Heidi and husband Richard Pickrill; as well as their four children: Hunter; Lily; Oliver; and Elliot Pickrill all of Portland. A service will be at Melrose Community Church on August 24, 2013 at 2 p.m.
Carol Lillian Barter
- Police Log: Intoxicated women cause scene at Riddle store
- Neighbors: Douglas County Jury Coordinator Kimber Bowden shares spunky attitude
- BPA partners with Cow Creek Umpqua Tribe to support Native American domestic-abuse survivors
- Parenting lessons from a viral bullying video | Moms
- Two Myrtle Creek residents rescued from South Umpqua River