Passed away peacefully on Friday, August 16, 2013, in Roseburg, Oregon, at the age of 68, after a long and courageous battle with pulmonary hypertension. He was born on March 7, 1945 to Lester and Lillian MacDougal in Milwaukie, Wisconsin. He was raised and graduated in Milwaukie, Wisconsin. He spent many years working as a Cryogenics Technician for Union Carbide in Southern California. After retiring in the early 1990’s, he moved to Oregon to enjoy the outdoors. He enjoyed and loved animals, the outdoors, trips to the coast with his wife, cruising in his convertible, and boating. He is survived by the love of his life, wife, and best friend, Dawn MacDougal; three children: Christy MacDougal, Amy Anderson-Rice, and Joey Anderson; five grandchildren: Elle Fickes, Tyler Fickes, Cory Anderson, Kordell Anderson, and Kolby Anderson; one sister, Cindy MacDougal; aunt Lorraine of Milwaukie, Wisconsin; and his beloved animals, Izzy and Rocky . There will be no funeral services. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made, in his name, to Saving Grace Animal Shelter at 450 Old Del Rio Road, Roseburg, Oregon, 97471. He will be greatly missed and forever loved.
- Police identify man found at Duck Pond
- Meet Your Merchant: Drain business fulfills dream for brides
- Close to Home: Four-day series to examine Douglas County’s homeless problem
- Close to Home: School districts do more than teach homeless students
- Update: Many Douglas County school districts to remain closed Tuesday