Passed away on Wednesday, August 21, 2013, at the age of 83. She was born on August 25, 1929 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the daughter of James Angell MacLachlan and Mary Jane (Carrier) MacLachlan. She is a graduate of Wellesley College. She lived much of her adult life in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. She received master degrees in psychology and business from the University of Tennessee. Helen owned and operated a tax and financial planning business in Oak Ridge and after retirement she moved to Oregon, to be closer to family and finally settled at Linus Oakes in Roseburg in 2000. She is survived by four sons: Hugh Stelson, of Seaside, OR; Jim Stelson of Roseburg, OR; Fred Stelson of Ann Arbor, Michigan; and Ben Stelson of Roseburg, OR. Helen has 9 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren. She is also survived by her brother, James MacLachlan. Helen was a long- time supporter of National Organization for Women and the Equal Rights Amendment. Locally she supported FISH, Women in Black, and attended the Umpqua Unitarian Universalist Church. A service to celebrate her life will be held on Friday, August 30, 2013 at 2 p.m. in the Community Room at Linus Oakes. Arrangements are under the direction of Taylor’s Family Chapel.
Helen MacLachlan Stelson
Trending in: SingleObituaries
- John A. Links
- Myrna Irene Danchok
- William (Bill) M. Steinbrook
- Georgia Frances (Smith) Mead
- Allen Wayne Harting (WH)
- Publisher’s Notebook: How much money will Oregon bleed before Cover Oregon is fixed?
- Editorial: Downtown traffic analysis needed before lanes are removed
- Becoming a victorious parent | Moms
- Prep Boys Basketball: Irrigon whips Oakland for 2A state title
- Umpqua Community Center opens center to draw and retain veterans