Age 93, of Myrtle Creek, Oregon, passed away Saturday, August 24, 2013, at his home. He was born December 6, 1919, in Santa Rosa, California, to Mary J. and August D. Anderson. George graduated on May 29, 1935 from high school in Tuolumne, California. He served in the US Army Air Corps during WW II. George had various occupations including Government Surveyor, Saw Filer and Retirement Home Manager. He and Viola lived in the Canyonville - Myrtle Creek area for 45 years. George was a passionate member of the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars having served as Chaplain in both. He was also active in church throughout adult life serving as an Adult Sunday School Teacher and Church Deacon. Survivors include his wife of 70 years, Viola Anderson; daughters: Katherine Irene Robinett and her husband Bill; Donna Sue Morrell and her husband Chris; son, James Mallory Anderson and his wife Kim; ten grandchildren; 22 great-grandchildren; four great-great-grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews. George was preceded in death by his parents; four sisters and eight brothers. Funeral services will be held Friday, August 30, 2013 at 1 p.m. at Wilson’s Chapel of the Roses. Sister Betty Bazzell will officiate. Military Honors will follow at Roseburg National Cemetery. Please visit www.wilsonschapeloftherosesfh.com to leave the family fond memories and condolences.
George Mallory Anderson
- Man arrested on suspicion of assaulting 9-year-old girl
- Adult Shop robber bought stun gun day before attack
- UPDATE: Alek Skarlatos' mom reacts to son's third place finish, audience support on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Police arrest man believed to have killed girlfriend
- Police: Man put woman in 'sleeper hold' and tied her up shortly before woman's death