Went to be with the Lord on Saturday, August 17, 2013. He was born September 29, 1946, to Elizabeth (Cochran) and Paul R. Burgess in W. Virginia. He loved fishing, hunting, his dog Bear and Mountaineers W. Virginia football. He is survived by his wife of 44 years, Eileen; his mother, Elizabeth Johnson; sisters: Brenda (Bob) Evans; and Nancy (Chris) Casteel; his brothers: Russell (Vickie) Burgess; Ronald (Carla) Johnson; and Donald Johnson. Along with two special girls: Shelly and Becky. He is preceded in death by his dad, Paul R. Burgess; stepdad, Donald (Duck) Johnson; brother, Darrell Burgess; and sister, Mary Roberts. Services will be held at Yoncalla Assembly of God on September 7, 2013 at 11 a.m.
Paul Herbert Burgess
- UCC SHOOTING RAMPAGE: At least 10 reported dead including shooter (VIDEO)
- Emergency alert system failed during massacre, UCC faculty say
- Youngest victim's mother: "My daughter is very strong and she's going to get through this"
- High school students honor UCC victims with solemn halftime of football
- List of the nine victims of the UCC shooting