Went to be with the Lord on Saturday, August 17, 2013. He was born September 29, 1946, to Elizabeth (Cochran) and Paul R. Burgess in W. Virginia. He loved fishing, hunting, his dog Bear and Mountaineers W. Virginia football. He is survived by his wife of 44 years, Eileen; his mother, Elizabeth Johnson; sisters: Brenda (Bob) Evans; and Nancy (Chris) Casteel; his brothers: Russell (Vickie) Burgess; Ronald (Carla) Johnson; and Donald Johnson. Along with two special girls: Shelly and Becky. He is preceded in death by his dad, Paul R. Burgess; stepdad, Donald (Duck) Johnson; brother, Darrell Burgess; and sister, Mary Roberts. Services will be held at Yoncalla Assembly of God on September 7, 2013 at 11 a.m.
- Police identify man found at Duck Pond
- Meet Your Merchant: Drain business fulfills dream for brides
- Close to Home: Four-day series to examine Douglas County’s homeless problem
- Close to Home: School districts do more than teach homeless students
- Update: Many Douglas County school districts to remain closed Tuesday