Went to be with the Lord on Saturday, August 17, 2013. He was born September 29, 1946, to Elizabeth (Cochran) and Paul R. Burgess in W. Virginia. He loved fishing, hunting, his dog Bear and Mountaineers W. Virginia football. He is survived by his wife of 44 years, Eileen; his mother, Elizabeth Johnson; sisters: Brenda (Bob) Evans; and Nancy (Chris) Casteel; his brothers: Russell (Vickie) Burgess; Ronald (Carla) Johnson; and Donald Johnson. Along with two special girls: Shelly and Becky. He is preceded in death by his dad, Paul R. Burgess; stepdad, Donald (Duck) Johnson; brother, Darrell Burgess; and sister, Mary Roberts. Services will be held at Yoncalla Assembly of God on September 7, 2013 at 11 a.m.
Paul Herbert Burgess
- Douglas County commissioners table plan to charge fees to dump trash at landfill
- Sable Curves a perilous stretch for drivers
- Roseburg woman cited in payroll theft
- Retired police officer from Coos Bay sentenced to nearly 10 years in prison
- Roseburg Senior Center finds a home at former Chin’s building