Went to be with the Lord on Saturday, August 17, 2013. He was born September 29, 1946, to Elizabeth (Cochran) and Paul R. Burgess in W. Virginia. He loved fishing, hunting, his dog Bear and Mountaineers W. Virginia football. He is survived by his wife of 44 years, Eileen; his mother, Elizabeth Johnson; sisters: Brenda (Bob) Evans; and Nancy (Chris) Casteel; his brothers: Russell (Vickie) Burgess; Ronald (Carla) Johnson; and Donald Johnson. Along with two special girls: Shelly and Becky. He is preceded in death by his dad, Paul R. Burgess; stepdad, Donald (Duck) Johnson; brother, Darrell Burgess; and sister, Mary Roberts. Services will be held at Yoncalla Assembly of God on September 7, 2013 at 11 a.m.
Paul Herbert Burgess
- Roseburg’s North River to soon launch its biggest boat
- 41-foot nutcracker arrives at River Forks Park in Roseburg
- Roseburg’s Cobb Children’s Learning Center students practice experiential learning
- Savannah honors veteran Frank Moore; Moores travel to New York film screening next
- Glide man convicted in home-invasion robbery may be ordered to pay restitution