Went to be with the Lord on Saturday, August 17, 2013. He was born September 29, 1946, to Elizabeth (Cochran) and Paul R. Burgess in W. Virginia. He loved fishing, hunting, his dog Bear and Mountaineers W. Virginia football. He is survived by his wife of 44 years, Eileen; his mother, Elizabeth Johnson; sisters: Brenda (Bob) Evans; and Nancy (Chris) Casteel; his brothers: Russell (Vickie) Burgess; Ronald (Carla) Johnson; and Donald Johnson. Along with two special girls: Shelly and Becky. He is preceded in death by his dad, Paul R. Burgess; stepdad, Donald (Duck) Johnson; brother, Darrell Burgess; and sister, Mary Roberts. Services will be held at Yoncalla Assembly of God on September 7, 2013 at 11 a.m.
Paul Herbert Burgess
- Police log: Men with ski masks and shotguns involved in robbery
- Police log: Caller checks whether her 18-year-old son could date a 16-year-old
- Roseburg City Council tables med-ed building proposal once again
- Q&A with John Hanlin: 'I can't deny the fact that it was pretty overwhelming'
- Remembering John Forrester: A husband, a friend and a champion