Age 82, of Winchester, OR, passed away on Saturday, August 31, 2013, with his family beside him. Richard was born in Los Angeles, California, on June 28, 1931 to Theodore G. and Marjorie A. Phelps. He proudly served his country in the US Naval Reserve from 1948 to 1953 and in active duty during the Korean War from 1953 to 1954. While working full time and raising a family he graduated from San Jose State College in 1967 with a B.A. in Business. He went on to a successful 39 year career with Lockheed Missile and Space. He is survived by his loving wife of 8 years, Geralyn; Daughters: Lori Hettman (Gilbert); Judy Murray (William); Susan Phelps and Linda Lee (deceased); grandchildren: Shanan (Toni); Brian (Brittney); Sharon; Ryder and Alexandra; great -grandchildren: Skyh; Cayden and Baylee; step children: Jaxson; Brienne; and John (Elizabeth); step grandchildren: Stephen; Bradley; Brock; Anika and Samad. He is also survived by his nephews: Theodore G. III; Bradley and Craig Phelps; and numerous nephews and nieces. He was preceded in death by his parents; his daughter, Linda Lee; his brother, Theodore G. II; and his cousins: Howard and Bill. Memorial donations may be made to Paralyzed American Veterans.Please visit www.wilsonschapeloftherosesfh.com to leave the family fond memories and condolences.
Richard Eugene Phelps
- Police log: Man throws hot chicken at neighbor, threatens people with big fork
- Rain expected to last through weekend in Roseburg area
- Alek Skarlatos awarded highest U.S. Army medal for subduing gunman on train to Paris
- Police log: Signs posted saying man had impregnated two teenage girls
- Landowners vent to commissioners over impending pipeline