Age 82, of Winchester, OR, passed away on Saturday, August 31, 2013, with his family beside him. Richard was born in Los Angeles, California, on June 28, 1931 to Theodore G. and Marjorie A. Phelps. He proudly served his country in the US Naval Reserve from 1948 to 1953 and in active duty during the Korean War from 1953 to 1954. While working full time and raising a family he graduated from San Jose State College in 1967 with a B.A. in Business. He went on to a successful 39 year career with Lockheed Missile and Space. He is survived by his loving wife of 8 years, Geralyn; Daughters: Lori Hettman (Gilbert); Judy Murray (William); Susan Phelps and Linda Lee (deceased); grandchildren: Shanan (Toni); Brian (Brittney); Sharon; Ryder and Alexandra; great -grandchildren: Skyh; Cayden and Baylee; step children: Jaxson; Brienne; and John (Elizabeth); step grandchildren: Stephen; Bradley; Brock; Anika and Samad. He is also survived by his nephews: Theodore G. III; Bradley and Craig Phelps; and numerous nephews and nieces. He was preceded in death by his parents; his daughter, Linda Lee; his brother, Theodore G. II; and his cousins: Howard and Bill. Memorial donations may be made to Paralyzed American Veterans.Please visit www.wilsonschapeloftherosesfh.com to leave the family fond memories and condolences.
Richard Eugene Phelps
- Myrtle Creek man accused of sexual abuse of a 3-month-old girl is sentenced to 60 months in jail
- Family, classmates grapple with loss of Roseburg teens
- Two Roseburg teens mourned after drowning accident in South Umpqua
- Police log: Caller reports being target of can thrown from vehicle
- Roseburg man arrested for assaulting, strangling ex-girlfriend