Lost his battle with cancer on September 6, 2013 at home in Sutherlin with his family by his side. Born in Klamath County Oregon and came to Sutherlin in 1988 where he retired from DCFP in 2009. He is survived by his beloved wife of 49 years Marsha; daughters and sons-in-law, Deanna and Bret Pinkard, Lisa and Lindsey Passmore and Lori and Tommy Brown; five grandchildren and brother Alvin Powell of Fairbanks, AK. Proud of his Keno roots, he will be laid to rest at the family plot in Keno. At his request no services will be held.
- Fifteen county employees put on leave following missing equipment
- Space heater causes fire in Winchester home
- 23 years later, interest in Fish murder hasn't grown cold
- Fatal shooting on Rice Valley Road justified, says grand jury
- Despite lower graduation rates, some Douglas County schools stay hopeful