Lost his battle with cancer on September 6, 2013 at home in Sutherlin with his family by his side. Born in Klamath County Oregon and came to Sutherlin in 1988 where he retired from DCFP in 2009. He is survived by his beloved wife of 49 years Marsha; daughters and sons-in-law, Deanna and Bret Pinkard, Lisa and Lindsey Passmore and Lori and Tommy Brown; five grandchildren and brother Alvin Powell of Fairbanks, AK. Proud of his Keno roots, he will be laid to rest at the family plot in Keno. At his request no services will be held.
- Breaking News: Myrtle Creek man dies in car crash on Interstate 5
- South Umpqua student receives national Horatio Alger Scholarship
- Update: Names released in fatal accident reported on Highway 38 near Elkton
- Police Log: Child reported missing in Roseburg
- Special needs mom on local inclusive playground | Moms