Lost his battle with cancer on September 6, 2013 at home in Sutherlin with his family by his side. Born in Klamath County Oregon and came to Sutherlin in 1988 where he retired from DCFP in 2009. He is survived by his beloved wife of 49 years Marsha; daughters and sons-in-law, Deanna and Bret Pinkard, Lisa and Lindsey Passmore and Lori and Tommy Brown; five grandchildren and brother Alvin Powell of Fairbanks, AK. Proud of his Keno roots, he will be laid to rest at the family plot in Keno. At his request no services will be held.
- Police log: Men with ski masks and shotguns involved in robbery
- Police log: Caller checks whether her 18-year-old son could date a 16-year-old
- Q&A with John Hanlin: 'I can't deny the fact that it was pretty overwhelming'
- Roseburg City Council tables med-ed building proposal once again
- Remembering John Forrester: A husband, a friend and a champion