Lost his battle with cancer on September 6, 2013 at home in Sutherlin with his family by his side. Born in Klamath County Oregon and came to Sutherlin in 1988 where he retired from DCFP in 2009. He is survived by his beloved wife of 49 years Marsha; daughters and sons-in-law, Deanna and Bret Pinkard, Lisa and Lindsey Passmore and Lori and Tommy Brown; five grandchildren and brother Alvin Powell of Fairbanks, AK. Proud of his Keno roots, he will be laid to rest at the family plot in Keno. At his request no services will be held.
- Police log: Man burning grass with blowtorch
- With marijuana legalization, veterans still looking for clarity
- Green man taken to Mercy Medical Center after peaceful standoff with police
- Healing Waters: Veterans learn that fly fishing may be the best therapy
- Police log: Man throws hot chicken at neighbor, threatens people with big fork