Age 63, passed away on Thursday, September 5, 2013. She was born on October 6, 1949 in Orland California, to Irma and Earl Wain Bennett. Shirley grew up in Myrtle Creek then moved to Roseburg where she spent the rest of her life. Shirley struggled with mental illness throughout her life. The family would like to thank the many people who have helped her along the way, especially her niece Terri Humphry. Shirley’s favorite things in life, was living in her home, her animals, going out to coffee, and talking on the phone. Survivors include her sisters: Barbara Lintner and Janice Dixon and husband Kyle; nieces: Terry Humphry and Leslie Lintner; nephews: Doug Bennett; Klint Dixon; Luke Dixon; ten great nephews and nieces; sister-in-law, Kathy Bennett. Shirley was proceeded in death by her parents; brother, Stanley Bennett; nephew, Rick Gibson. A celebration of life for family and friends will be held at Shirley’s home 1558 SE Pine, Roseburg, on Sunday, September 15, 2013 from 12 - 2 p.m.
Shirley Ann Bennett
- Roseburg High School students reenforce 'R word' ban in Spread the Word to End the Word campaign
- Douglas County parks director Gary Groth turns love of forest into lifetime career
- Local Easter egg hunts and family events | Moms
- Public health advocates turn out in force to second town hall meeting
- Roseburg man flown to Legacy Emanuel with critical injuries after crash