Age 86, of Yoncalla entered into the arms of Jesus on Saturday, September 7, 2013 in Springfield, Oregon. She was born March 26, 1927 in Bakersfield, California to Joseph and Maude Coombs. Edith married Dwight Nichols on January 11, 1948 in Eugene, Oregon. They had met while she was a telephone operator and he was a policeman. Together they settled in North Bend where they started a family. In 1957 they moved to Yoncalla which has been home since. She loved to bowl and spend countless hours knitting and crocheting. Her family has the results of her handiwork in their homes. Edith was preceded in death by her parents and her husband, Dwight. She is survived by her two children: Karen (Michael) Crosby of Roseburg and David of Klamath Falls; three grandchildren: Stephen (Wednesday) Shields of Nine Mile Falls, WA; Valerie Granger of Roseburg and Andrew (Kylie) Nichols of Hawaii. Edith also leaves behind ten great-grandchildren: Alexandrea; Zechariah; Kaytlyn; Jonathan; Alyson; Gavin; Gabrille; Kyle; Kelsey and Suzy; as well as one great-great-grandchild, Leeum; and a sister, Grace Bussell of Tehachapi, California. Family and friends are invited to attend a memorial service on Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 11a.m. at the Yoncalla Church of Christ. Edith will be laid to rest with her husband in the Yoncalla Pioneer Cemetery. Arrangements under the direction of Taylor’s Family Chapel.
Edith M. Nichols
- UPDATE: Alek Skarlatos' mom reacts to son's third place finish, audience support on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Police looking for two armed robbers
- Tri City groups protest proposed dispensary, compare Myrtle Creek to mob boss
- Police arrest man believed to have killed girlfriend
- UPDATE: Roseburg hero Alek Skarlatos takes third place on 'Dancing with the Stars' Tuesday on ABC