Beloved husband, father, grandfather and papa went home to be with Jesus on Wednesday, October 2, 2013. He was born in Longview, Washington, on February 23, 1928 to George Andrew Fowler and Vera Yox Fowler. Les grew up in Longview, where he met and married Donna Lou Guilkey. One year after being wed, Les served in the US Army during the Korean War. Gifts that he mailed home during that time are still treasured. Les and Donna had three children: Lori Ellen Fowler, Kelli Elaine Fowler and Stewart Lester Fowler. Les’ love and devotion to his family will always be remembered as will his strength and fortitude and love for the Lord. Les was preceded in death by his parents; sister, Nadine and his daughters. Survivors include his wife, Donna; son, Stew and his wife Dixie; granddaughter Angie and her husband Tom and their children. Memorial services will be held Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 3:00 pm in the Hucrest Community Church of God. Pastor Steve Kufeldt will officiate. Military Honors will be provided by the Oregon Military Honors Team. Private interment was held in Eden Cemetery. Please visit www.wilsonschapeloftherosesfh.com to leave the family fond memories and condolences.
G. LES FOWLER
Trending in: SingleObituaries
- John A. Links
- Nancy Ford Anderson
- William (Bill) M. Steinbrook
- Georgia Frances (Smith) Mead
- Myrna Irene Danchok
- Myrtle Creek teen leads police on 47-mile car chase
- I-5 rest stop north of Roseburg under new management
- How-to better prioritize your schedule | Moms
- Publisher’s Notebook: How much money will Oregon bleed before Cover Oregon is fixed?
- Glide High grad to show film about fly fishing legend Frank Moore