Age 88, passed away on Sunday, October 6, 2013. She was born on February 20, 1925 in Almena, Kansas, to Alva L. and Velma V. (Linnell) Lough. She married Richard Dene Hickman 1947, and he passed away 1952; She then married Ira Lee Huddleston in 1953 they later divorced 1978. In 1981 she married Ralp George Hickman in Roseburg Oregon, and he passed away 2003. Serena worked for and retired from the United States Forest Service in Roseburg and lived in the Glide, area for over 20 years. She is survived by her step-sons: Craig Hickman (Pam) of Roseburg; David Hickman (Betty) of Roseburg; Russell Hickman (Beverly) of Portland; her daughters: Ali (Lisa) Vincent-Lough of Roseburg; Kimberly Ann Nowak (Bob) of Corvallis; Dana Gay Huddleston of Cottage Grove; step-daughter, Wendy Kirk (Mike) of Halsey; along with nine grandchildren; and siblings: Michael Lough, Dallas,OR; Irene Graybeal, Salem, OR. A Burial will be handled by Chapel of the Roses.
Serena Marie Hickman
- Douglas Community Hospital redesign underway; construction slated to begin in January
- Breaking News: Downtown U.S. Bank robbed Friday afternoon
- Cops and courts reporter leaves News-Review
- Publisher's Notebook: Timber industry under attack again
- Lynyrd Skynyrd, Martina McBride, Kansas will headline the 2015 Douglas County Fair