Passed away Wednesday, October 30, 2013, at the age of 92. She was born July 15, 1921, at Lidgerwood, North Dakota, to Fred and Eva (Strege) Bealer. She was the oldest of seven siblings and in 1934, the family moved to Sandpoint, Idaho, and then to Hayden Lake, Idaho. In 1940, Ella graduated from the Coeur d’ Alene High School and married that fall to Eugene Carroll. They lived in Spokane, Washington, where she worked at a lingerie factory, John W. Graham’s, J.C.Penny’s and Safeway. In 1959 they moved to Roseburg, Oregon, and in 1968 started Gen-ell’s Needle and Craft store and later Ken’s Radio and TV. In 1978, they moved for a short time to California and finally retired in Klamath Falls, Oregon. They returned to Roseburg where Gene passed away in 1987.
Ella M. Carroll
- Update: Jackknifed truck blocks both lanes on Highway 42 near Camas Valley
- Prep Wrestling: Roseburg repeats as Class 6A state champion
- Log, lumber prices lagging, but there’s optimism
- What you need to know about poison oak (and my go-to treatment) | Moms
- Wildlife Safari welcomes two elephants from Six Flags (video)