Passed away Wednesday, October 30, 2013, at the age of 92. She was born July 15, 1921, at Lidgerwood, North Dakota, to Fred and Eva (Strege) Bealer. She was the oldest of seven siblings and in 1934, the family moved to Sandpoint, Idaho, and then to Hayden Lake, Idaho. In 1940, Ella graduated from the Coeur d’ Alene High School and married that fall to Eugene Carroll. They lived in Spokane, Washington, where she worked at a lingerie factory, John W. Graham’s, J.C.Penny’s and Safeway. In 1959 they moved to Roseburg, Oregon, and in 1968 started Gen-ell’s Needle and Craft store and later Ken’s Radio and TV. In 1978, they moved for a short time to California and finally retired in Klamath Falls, Oregon. They returned to Roseburg where Gene passed away in 1987.
Ella M. Carroll
Trending in: SingleObituaries
- Robert G. Myers
- Tommy Duane Batson
- Gregory C. Rust
- Emmett Atherton Gillaspie, Jr.
- ARCHIE L. MARSHALL
- A different perspective: I put my child up for adoption | Moms
- Torch passes to youngest Douglas County Veterans Forum president yet
- Officers arrest Roseburg man following standoff
- Winston man’s sleuthing ID’s Civil War vet buried in Tenmile Cemetery
- Douglas County commissioner seat attracts fifth candidate