Passed away Wednesday, October 30, 2013, at the age of 92. She was born July 15, 1921, at Lidgerwood, North Dakota, to Fred and Eva (Strege) Bealer. She was the oldest of seven siblings and in 1934, the family moved to Sandpoint, Idaho, and then to Hayden Lake, Idaho. In 1940, Ella graduated from the Coeur d’ Alene High School and married that fall to Eugene Carroll. They lived in Spokane, Washington, where she worked at a lingerie factory, John W. Graham’s, J.C.Penny’s and Safeway. In 1959 they moved to Roseburg, Oregon, and in 1968 started Gen-ell’s Needle and Craft store and later Ken’s Radio and TV. In 1978, they moved for a short time to California and finally retired in Klamath Falls, Oregon. They returned to Roseburg where Gene passed away in 1987.
Ella M. Carroll
- Roseburg High School custodian has history as chef for the famous
- Barn owls nest in giant nutcracker in county park
- Signs of the times: Toby Earley twirls his way into hearts and onto 'Tosh.0'
- Running: Winston's Brad Ferner savors Boston Marathon experience
- Roseburg School District announces superintendent selection, Gerry Washburn