Age 67, passed away on Monday, October 21, 2013. He was born on September 3, 1946 in Ross, CA, to Edna and Warner Forgie (both deceased). Jim moved from Lake Tahoe in early 1989’s and on June 24, 1989 he married the love of his life, Lois Waugh, and adopted her son Kenneth. Jim and Lois enjoyed 23 years together when she passed in March of 2011. He is survived by his son Kenny Forgie; step-sons: Jim and Robert Waugh; step-daughters: Melanie Sather; Cindy Himan; Loretta Mathers; nieces: Jessica Patterson and Monica Forgie; 11 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren. A memorial service will be held on November 9, 2013 at 11 a.m. at Taylor’s Mortuary in Winston, OR. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the Lois and Jim Forgie music scholarship at Umpqua Valley Christian School.
- Healing Waters: Veterans learn that fly fishing may be the best therapy
- With marijuana legalization, veterans still looking for clarity
- Sutherlin Fire Department exceeds expectations after Monday's fire on State Street
- Police log: Man throws hot chicken at neighbor, threatens people with big fork
- Everyday Entrepreneur: Don't be a bottleneck in your own company