Age 84, of Drain, OR, passed away Wednesday, January 15, 2014, due to complications from heart surgery. He was born November 27, 1929, in Seneca, CA, to Art and Phoebe (Lucas) Unger. Earnie served as an Army Corporal in the Korean War and was awarded both Korean and United Nations Service Metals. He worked his entire life in construction and as a log truck driver. He was an active member of the Masons, Eastern Star, Scottish Rites, Rebekahs, the VFW. He enjoyed hunting. Earnie is survived by his domestic partner, Peggy Ramer, Drain, OR; son, David (Sally) Long, Yoncalla, OR; daughter, Teresa (Jerry) Alsup, Yoncalla, OR; stepdaughter, Cheryl Ramer-Eells, Eugene, OR; stepson, Bill (Jackie) Ramer, Medford, OR; seven grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by daughter, Debra Norris in 2011. A memorial service will be at 3 p.m., Friday, January 24, 2014, at the Yoncalla Assembly of God, Yoncalla, OR. Arrangements by Smith-Lund-Mills Funeral Chapel, 123 S. 7th St., Cottage Grove, OR 97424.
- Cable Crossing Fire burning 20 acres near Glide, closes Highway 138E
- Police log: Partiers heard dangling children over balcony
- Three taken to hospital after traffic accident
- Bird hits transformer, causes grass fire and power outage
- Police log: Ex-girlfriend asks to borrow bike for an hour, doesn't return