Age 84, of Drain, OR, passed away Wednesday, January 15, 2014, due to complications from heart surgery. He was born November 27, 1929, in Seneca, CA, to Art and Phoebe (Lucas) Unger. Earnie served as an Army Corporal in the Korean War and was awarded both Korean and United Nations Service Metals. He worked his entire life in construction and as a log truck driver. He was an active member of the Masons, Eastern Star, Scottish Rites, Rebekahs, the VFW. He enjoyed hunting. Earnie is survived by his domestic partner, Peggy Ramer, Drain, OR; son, David (Sally) Long, Yoncalla, OR; daughter, Teresa (Jerry) Alsup, Yoncalla, OR; stepdaughter, Cheryl Ramer-Eells, Eugene, OR; stepson, Bill (Jackie) Ramer, Medford, OR; seven grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by daughter, Debra Norris in 2011. A memorial service will be at 3 p.m., Friday, January 24, 2014, at the Yoncalla Assembly of God, Yoncalla, OR. Arrangements by Smith-Lund-Mills Funeral Chapel, 123 S. 7th St., Cottage Grove, OR 97424.
Earnest "Earnie" Long
- Douglas Community Hospital redesign underway; construction slated to begin in January
- Cops and courts reporter leaves News-Review
- Lynyrd Skynyrd, Martina McBride, Kansas will headline the 2015 Douglas County Fair
- Man accused of causing scene at Roseburg restaurant
- Breaking News: Downtown U.S. Bank robbed Friday afternoon