Why re-create fire stations? I recently read that the Glide Fire District is sending out bids for an architectural firm to design its new fire station — at what cost to the taxpayer? Why not simply use one of the many plans on file with the Douglas County Planning Department? There have been quite a few new fire stations built around the county. Wouldn’t one of them suffice, with maybe with a little tweaking? There is a fairly new station in Melrose; likewise, Winston-Dillard and Myrtle Creek. The one in Camas Valley isn’t even finished yet. Why not use one …
Letter: Why recreate fire station plans in Douglas County?
- Arts & Entertainment: Roseburg band Hemlock Lane seeks path to success
- Death Notices for May 23, 2013
- Anne Creighton Blodgett: I ditched sugar (to lose that baby weight!)
- Roseburg report stopping driver speeding at more than 100 mph, find marijuana
- California teenager in critical condition after highway crash near Myrtle Creek