How much is a fair share? Regarding a Jan. 16 letter about the New Deal: If you want to tax people who make $1 million or more so they can pay their fair share (whatever that is — California taxes more than $250 million at about 62 percent, New York is well over 50 percent), or you think it’s okay to trample all over our civil liberties, you must be a progressive liberal Democrat/socialist or an Occupy Wall Streeter. I prefer being on the tea party side; at least they have some sense of basic hygiene. It really makes little …
Letter: How much is a fair share of taxes?
- Arts & Entertainment: Roseburg band Hemlock Lane seeks path to success
- Death Notices for May 23, 2013
- Anne Creighton Blodgett: I ditched sugar (to lose that baby weight!)
- Roseburg report stopping driver speeding at more than 100 mph, find marijuana
- California teenager in critical condition after highway crash near Myrtle Creek