Need to count your blessings
I read in the paper that the federal government may stop several of its giveaway programs.
Before we start whining, a good, close look might be in order. In my experience, nothing ever comes free. The feds love to entangle these programs with multiple rules, regulations, reporting requirements, etc.
Now in the news is a proposed new school lunch program demanding only healthy food be served.
1. Who is going to set the rules?
2. How many new helpers must be hired to make the necessary new reports?
3. How many new inspectors must be hired to ensure compliance?
4. How are we going to make enough tofu burger to feed every kid in the United States?
5. If they don’t have money for existing programs, how will they pay for all this?
Working in a school district and as an EMT, I saw too many well-meaning ideas ruined between Washington, D.C., back East, and the real world here.
By stopping all the rules, regulations, reporting and inspections, we could probably do all these things cheaper and better by ourselves.