Login   |   Subscribe

Back to: Opinion
March 22, 2013
Follow Opinion

Unoccupied home catches fire in Days Creek

An electric heater caused an unoccupied home to catch fire around 3 p.m. Wednesday at 16032 Tiller Trail Highway, fire officials said.

Milo Rural Fire Protection District responded to the blaze and contained the fire within 45 minutes, Fire Chief Don Jeske said.

He described the structure as a five-room, single story house that was being used for storage. The fire was contained to two rooms. No one was injured in the blaze.

Jeske said it would cost approximately $20,000 to repair the damages, but the owners plan to level the structure. He declined to identify the owners.

Firefighters from Milo, Days Creek, Tri City, Riddle and the South Umpqua fire districts responded.

Stories you may be interested in

Trending in: Opinion

Trending Sitewide

The News-Review Updated Mar 22, 2013 05:21PM Published Mar 25, 2013 08:28AM Copyright 2013 The News-Review. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.