From Roseburg, follow Interstate 5 south and take the first Grants Pass exit at Exit 58. Take Highway 199 (Sixth Street) through downtown Grants Pass and follow the signs for Williams Highway (Highway 238). Follow Highway 238 for 25 miles and turn right onto Upper Applegate Road. Follow the road for 12 miles and park at a wide spot on the right side. The trail sign has fallen down and is not visible from the road. Cross the road and pick up the trail on the other side of a dilapidated livestock gate.
Richard Hikes: Only the stubborn take on Mule Mountain outside Grants Pass
Trending in: Opinion
- Letter: Umpqua Community College might garner increased local support by offering more evening classes
- Letter: Jordan Cove denies requests for list of property owners along Pacific Connector Pipeline route
- Letter: Skookum Pond Trail needs more permanent signage to withstand vandalism
- Editorial: Roseburg VA employee dissatisfaction points to problems
- Guest column: Let’s help economy by recruiting successful entrepreneurs