From Roseburg, follow Interstate 5 south and take the first Grants Pass exit at Exit 58. Take Highway 199 (Sixth Street) through downtown Grants Pass and follow the signs for Williams Highway (Highway 238). Follow Highway 238 for 25 miles and turn right onto Upper Applegate Road. Follow the road for 12 miles and park at a wide spot on the right side. The trail sign has fallen down and is not visible from the road. Cross the road and pick up the trail on the other side of a dilapidated livestock gate.
Richard Hikes: Only the stubborn take on Mule Mountain outside Grants Pass
Trending in: Opinion
- Letter: Should we offset global warming by using nuclear energy?
- Letter: Roseburg Veterans Affairs Medical Center needs full Emergency Room staffing
- Letter: Roseburg assisted living resident admires kindness and patience of caregivers
- Guest column: Employee survey shows low ratings for Roseburg VA
- Editorial: It’s time to put a Northeast Stephens Street crosswalk on sure footing
- Police log for Jul. 20, 2014: Fender benders abound in Roseburg Saturday
- Officer in segregated Marine Corps laid to rest in Roseburg military cemetery
- Roseburg VA employees speak out about ‘toxic’ workplace
- Retired Roseburg Forest Products employee files for county commissioner
- Former Oregon Gov. Vic Atiyeh dies; flags fly at half-staff