From Roseburg, follow Interstate 5 south and take the first Grants Pass exit at Exit 58. Take Highway 199 (Sixth Street) through downtown Grants Pass and follow the signs for Williams Highway (Highway 238). Follow Highway 238 for 25 miles and turn right onto Upper Applegate Road. Follow the road for 12 miles and park at a wide spot on the right side. The trail sign has fallen down and is not visible from the road. Cross the road and pick up the trail on the other side of a dilapidated livestock gate.
Richard Hikes: Only the stubborn take on Mule Mountain outside Grants Pass
Trending in: Opinion
- Letter: International Overdose Awareness Day is August 31
- Letter: Roseburg Veterans Affairs Medical Center needs a director whose first concern is to serve the veterans
- Letter: Roseburg’s Music on the Half Shell needs better seating control
- Letter: Tell Senator Wyden our tax code should treat all sectors of the economy fairly
- Letter: Roseburg Marine Corps veteran speaks up for local VA service, offers suggestion to fill staffing shortages