District 2 needs this leadership
I know nothing about firefighting or serving on a fire district’s board, but I do know Wes Melo, whom I would support for any elected position he sought. Here’s why:
1. He’s smart, not only in a college educated sort of way, which he is, but in a common sense sort of way. In an expression Wes might use himself, he “cuts through the crap” to identify the real issue and facilitate a viable solution.
2. He’s a great leader. I know this firsthand, because I had the honor of working directly for Wes for more than six years when he was the general manager at Ingram Book. When I say great leader, I mean inspirational leader, who empowers others to feel as though they are limitless in their potential to succeed. When I say great leader, I mean visionary leader, who seizes opportunities that others might never realize. When I say great leader, I am referring to the servant leader who puts the needs of his subordinates above his own to ensure their well-being. Wes is what is known as the ultimate 9/9 leader; he equally values the people and the work to be done.
3. He’s honest. What Wes Melo says is what he thinks, period.
4. He’s passionate about serving his community. Wes has a boundless energy which I believe comes from his sincere desire to help others in any way he thinks he can contribute to their collective success.
5. He tells some great stories that are just hilarious and by golly, they’ re true.
Never be deceived by Wes’s “Ah, shucks” demeanor. His humility is exceeded only by his strength of character.