Holiday spirit grows in town May I take this opportunity to send a big hug and kiss to the very nice and generous lady who paid for my dinner at Taco Bell the evening of Nov. 13. What a surprise! My daughter did the same thing for a couple of elderly ladies in a restaurant a few years ago. I was very proud of her, as I am of the lady who was so generous to me. They say, “What goes around comes around,” and this proves it. My hat is off to my benefactor and a huge thank you, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees