A Roseburg man facing two days in jail for a drug court violation bolted from a Douglas County courtroom Monday morning, jumped off a second-floor balcony and made it several hundred yards to Deer Creek before being captured minutes later. Daniel John Cox, 27, received the sanction from Circuit Judge George Ambrosini and was asked to wait for a jailer to come get him when he walked out of the courtroom, went through a door leading to an outdoor smoking deck and jumped toward freedom, sheriff’s office spokesman Dwes Hutson said. A witness reported that he saw Cox land in …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees