HILLSBORO — In an intriguing OSAA Class 2A football final, the Oakland Oakers and their top-ranked offense faced the Portland Christian Royals, the state’s top defensive team. The Oakers’ prolific offensive attack along with their strong defense proved to have the advantage in a 50-27 victory over the Royals Saturday at Hillsboro Stadium. For the two-time Mountain View Conference champion Oakers, guided by third-year coach Ben Lane, it was their first football title since 1964, when they won the Class B championship. “We’re absolutely thrilled to win the championship,” said Lane, whose squad was supported by a crowd of approximately …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees