A 60-year-old Elkton woman was injured Wednesday morning in a rollover accident on Highway 138 in Oakland, according to the Oregon State Police. Carol Ann Michels was traveling east in a 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo when for unknown reasons she left the road and traveled into a ditch around 9:45 a.m. near Milepost 6. The car rolled at least once and came to a stop on its roof, partially blocking the eastbound lane. Michels complained of back pain after the accident and was transported to Mercy Medical Center, where she was treated and released, a hospital spokeswoman said. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees