A woman was arrested Thursday just off a busy Roseburg street for inhaling compressed air. At 12:12 p.m., a driver on Garden Valley Boulevard noticed Candice Surwillo, 27, of Roseburg inhaling chemical vapors from a cannister outside the Bureau of Land Management office at 777 Garden Valley Blvd. Roseburg police say she had huffed six cannisters, intended for dusting, before they arrived. She was arrested on suspicion of unlawful possession of inhalants, a misdemeanor in Oregon. Roseburg police Sgt. Jeff Eichenbusch said huffing compressed air, also called “dusting,” is one of the two most common over-the-counter methods of intoxication his …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees